![]() |
| The road leading out to the street. Takes a running head start when wet. |
![]() |
| Goats eating the garbage on the right |
The driver was late today, so instead of being at the lab at 8:15, I got there around 9:30. As most of you know, I’m not a big fan of changes. Today, the driver took a different route to the lab through some more interesting areas. Another double xanax ride.
![]() |
| Mary, this Lexus hasn't been used since the quake. Think I can get it for cheap |
Once at the lab things went the best so far. Started out helping the technicians cut out about 20 sockets. Then I helped work with them on casting patients. It is truly amazing how quickly they grasped the technique.
It’s unfortunate that my time here is so short, because I feel I could show them so much.
![]() |
| Learning the Scheck Way |
Today, it seemed like they really wanted to know my opinion more. There was a young boy with a brace that they asked me what I would do. I told them I would call Ron (the brace guy at my lab). But then was able to give them advise that could help him. The driver came to pick me up about an hour earlier than usual today. As I was leaving the staff told me that the lab is closed tomorrow because of the announcements of the candidates for the presidency. It appears the American Haitian singer guy may be told tomorrow that he can’t run. He is backed by all the “gangs” in Haiti, so there is a concern for the staff to be out. That means I have nothing to do until Sunday when I fly home.
![]() |
| The guys from Handicapped International that I taught |
I have been thinking of running for president here though. There is all this stuff in warehouses that could benefit the people that is being held up for various political reasons. My platform is going to be that I will let all the stuff that was donated go to where it was donated to. Then I’ll quit.
The place where I’m staying is pretty busy tonight. A few journalist from the Toronto Star that have been staying at a hotel, are here tonight. Jennifer Wells is the columnist that has been here for the past few weeks (she’s supposed to be very well known). Since they have to leave early tomorrow am, they are all staying here. There’s also an electrical engineer from the air force. But they will all be gone early tomorrow am. Then it’s back to the skeleton crew until the others come back on Saturday.
Another thunderstorm tonight. Not as violent as the last one, and it’s cooling things off. Very loud because of the tin roofs here though. The streets should be clean again tomorrow.





I love the car, but do you really think a convertible is practical in Chicago!?!
ReplyDeleteR u sitting down...a compliment is coming....
Proud of you Spanky. :)
Be safe
xo