Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Day 3 (a little something different)
Very interesting day today. Started out much better. First thing I did was teach my modification technique for above the knee prostheses. Then I worked with a couple of the technicians to cast a patient with my technique. They really learn fast. People are starting to ask my opinion on things, trying to make me feel like they like me. I sure hope the patients I fit work, or the little respect I've gained will be out the window. The hardest thing is the language barrier. The technicians here as well as the staff are either Spanish speaking of French (Creole sp). So everyone's talking and laughing and I don't know what the f.. heck they are talking about. All in all the day went good. OK, how about the end of the day you ask?? Well the thunderstorm hit around 4pm. I can't adequately describe the usual chaos here. Throw in a major thunderstorm and it was unbelievable. Back home in a major thunderstorm, everyone tries to get inside. Here they just move faster because there's no place to get inside to. Garbage and water was rushing by the front of the lab where I'm at, and the people are walking thru it and trying to avoid the Mario Cart drivers. It's mind boggling! My hardest day back home would be a walk in the park for the people here. Foods better today since they got a new chef. New guys in my room from England that run an NGO to try to connect groups and companies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
john I love your blog entries. Keep them coming. Those no seeums really like your meat huh?
ReplyDeleteHI Johnny. We are so proud of you for what you are doing. Sorry about the food and the rain and the bug bites....and the bed. Really the bed doesn't look so bad. The net helps! AT least you don't have to listen to all the BLAGO news here! Stay safe. We love you Gary and Linda
ReplyDelete